American Pugabull Dog Breed Overview
One of the most searched dog breeds on the internet, American Pugabull belongs to the large size dog. Also known as Bull Pugs, this breed was discovered first in the United States. The average lifespan of this dog breed is 12-14 years and is associated with the Mixed Breed Dogs Group.
Dog Breed Name: American Pugabull Other Names: Bull Pugs Size: large size dog Average Height: 13-20 inches (33-51 cm) Average Weight: 25-70 pounds (11-32 kg) Energy: high energy level Origin: United States Group: Mixed Breed Dogs Life Span: 12 to 14 years Dog Breed Overview: "The American Pugabull dog breed may have existed naturally over the years, but designer breeders started intentionally mixing American Bulldogs and Pugs in the late 1990s in North America.Breeders wanted to mix the two parent breeds to create the perfect companion dog. Mixing breeds can also help to prevent some issues that come with inbreeding of pure bread dogs. They continued to create American Pugabulls as demand for the mixed breed pups climbed.Even though the American Pugabull breed got its start as a designer breed, some have ended up in shelters or in the care of rescue groups. Consider adoption if you decide this is the breed for you. Check your local shelters, look up Pugabull rescues, or check with breed-specific American Bulldog and Pug rescues, as they often will help to re-home a mixed breed pup.The American Pugabull is less common and considered a rare, newer mixed breed. They are
recognized by the Dog Registry of America (DRA) and American Canine Hybrid Club (ACHC)."
Colours: Tan,Cream,Brown,Black,Red,White. Temperament: Playful,Protective,Energetic,Trainable,Affectionate. Pros:
American Pugabull Dog Breed Price
American Pugabull from regular breeders cost you from $ 500 to $1000 per puppy.
American Pugabull Dog Breed Size
The American Pugabull varies in size: males are normally about 13-20 inches (33-51 cm)in height and around 25-70 pounds (11-32 kg) in weight, while females are normally around 13-20 inches (33-51 cm) in height and 25-70 pounds (11-32 kg) in weight.
American Pugabull Dog Breed Temperament
American Pugabull s generally have a friendly and affectionate personality. They also usually have a very, Playful, Protective, Energetic, Trainable, Affectionate.
How long does a American Pugabull live
The average lifespan for an American Pugabull Terrier is 12 to 14 years. That’s because these are medium-sized dogs with a good mix of genes in their blood.
Interesting Facts about American Pugabull Dog
- American Pugabulls are mixed breed dogs. They are not purebreds like their American Bulldog or Pug parents.
- he main colors of Pugabulls are tan, cream, brown, black, red, and white and are rarely solid. They are generally a blend of two or more colors.
- This breed is not hypoallergenic, however their short coats do mean they are easy to groom. A good brushing two to three times per week, should suffice.
- Because they tend to have shorter coats, American Pugabulls aren’t particularly suited for extreme weather. You’ll likely need a coat in the winter, and you may need to apply dog sunscreen in the summer.
- So long as they are trained properly, Pugabulls are great with children and are very loyal to all members of the family.
- American Pugabulls do best with early training. They need a strong leader and may want to test you, but for a patient, consistent owner, their loyalty and desire to please will help training go a bit more smoothly.
- Pugabulls are prone to weight gain, and they have high energy levels. Make sure your dog gets several short walks per day with active play sessions in between.
- So long as Pugabulls are socialized and trained, they usually get along with other dogs and pets just fine.
FAQ’s on American Pugabull Dog
Are American Pugabull Dangerous Dogs? Are American Pugabull naturally aggressive?
Often their strong drives and dominance cause American bulldogs to be aggressive towards other dogs. They love to play rough with each other, but unfortunately as they mature (1-2 yrs.) they often become aggressive with each other and fight.
Are American Pugabull smart?
Yes, American Pugabull are a highly intelligent dog breed.
Are American Pugabull trainable?
They are highly trainable, have the ability to learn complicated tasks, and perform excellently as search and rescue dogs.
Can American Pugabull be kept with other dogs?
American Pugabulls can be stubborn and aggressive towards other dogs, it’s important to start socialization and training when they are puppies. Socialization must occur in a positive environment with new smells, sights, sounds, and situations.
Do American Pugabull have locking jaws?
No, they do not have locking jaws.
Are American Pugabull safe to keep with kids?
Generally, American Pugabull a loyal, people-oriented breed that thrive as part of the family. They are affectionate with both adults and children. Note: All children should be taught how to interact with animals and should be supervised when playing with any animal.
What should I feed my American Pugabull ?
American Pugabulls are known to piling on the pounds, however, so their diet should consist of biologically appropriate proteins, healthy fats, ground bones and vegetables – which are packed with essential vitamins and minerals – for optimum health and performance.
How long does a American Pugabull live?
An American Pugabull can live anywhere from 12 to 14 years.