Ashok Kumar Net Worth & Personal Details
Ashok Kumar is a famous name in Bollywood Industry. The Charming Actor Ashok Kumar is one of the best actors in Bollywood movies. There are millions of fans and followers of Ashok Kumar in the world and followers always want to get maximum information about their favourite bollywood cinema.
|Profession:||Actor, Producer, Singer, Painter|
|Date of Birth:||13 October 1911|
|Age As of 2022||110 Years|
|Net Worth in Dollars||$165 Millions|
|Short Bio||Kumudlal Ganguly, better known by his stage name Ashok Kumar and also fondly called Dadamoni, was an Indian film actor who attained iconic status in Indian cinema and who was a member of the cinematic Ganguly family.|
|Debut||Film: Jeevan Naiya (1936)|
|Social Media Links||N/A|
Ashok Kumar in Spotlight
Ashok Kumar Net Worth
Ashok Kumar is known for his acting ability and his versatility. He is a very compatible and energetic actor, who has a capacity to make any role his own. Ashok Kumar might be the unassailable actor of Bollywood Movies but his income comes from many different sources such as Movies, shows, endorsements and business investments. Ashok Kumar‘s Net worth is $1 million to $2 Million in 2022 which in Indian Currency is 7 to 14 Crore Indian Rupee.
|Net Worth (2022)||$1 million to $2 Million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||Rs. 7 to 14 Crore|
|Monthly Income And Salary||Rs. 2 lakh +|
|Yearly Salary In Indian Rupees||Rs. 25 lakh +|
Ashok Kumar Net Worth in Last 5 Years
|Net Worth in 2001||$1 million to $2 million|
|Net Worth in 2000||$1 million to $2 million|
|Net Worth in 1999||$1 million to $2 million|
|Net Worth in 1998||$1 million to $2 million|
|Net Worth in 1997||$1 million to $2 million|
Ashok Kumar Controversies
- Ashok Kumar’s tenure has been so controversial that his extension and confirmation as permanent judge has been questioned twice in court. The Supreme Court in December 2008, dismissed a petition filed by Shanthi Bhushan objecting Ashok Kumar’s appointment as a permanent judge of the Madras High Court
Uncover The Lesser Known Facts About The Ashok Kumar
- He was a law student, but he was not interested to make his career in the judiciary; as he always wanted to work in the film industry as a technician.
- His first stint in the film industry was as a lab assistant at the Bombay Studio where he worked for 5 years.
- His first movie as an actor was Jeevan Naiya. He became an actor in this movie by chance; as he replaced Najm-ul-Hassan (who was the first choice for the role) due to some reasons.
- Himanshu Rai was the person who gave him his first break and forced him to enter the cinema world as an actor.
- With his superb singing and charismatic performance, he became the first hero in the Indian Film Industry whose film “Kismet, 1943” crossed one crore amount at the box office.
- Famous by the name Dadamoni, which means “jewel of an elder brother.”
- He is noted for his tremendous performances in various films such as Achhut Kannya (1936), Bandhan (1940), and Kismet (1943).
- Later, he went on to become a noted film producer and it was Ashok Kumar who had introduced two other iconic personalities to the Indian Cinema: Dev Anand (Ziddi, 1948) and Madhubala (Mahal, 1949).
- His last movie as an actor was “Aankhon Mein Tum Ho” (1997).
- In the 1980s, he started hosting Hum Log (India’s 1st soap opera) and became a well-known face on TV screens.
- He was also known for his singing, he sang a lot of songs including ‘Choodi Main Laaya Anmol Re’ (Achhut Kanya, 1936), ‘Main Ban Ki Chidiya’ (Achhut Kanya, 1936), ‘Dekh Ke Teri Nazar’ (Howrah Bridge, 1958), ‘Hum Tumhare Hain’ (Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi, 1958), and more.
- His song “Rail Gaadi” from movie Aashirwad (1968) is considered as the first rap song of Bollywood.
- The actor never celebrated his birthday after 1987; as his younger brother “Kishore Kumar” died on 13 October 1987 (Ashok Kumar’s birthday).
- During the 2005 Mumbai Floods, Dadamoni lost many of his trophies from his godown.
- Apart from his successful acting career, he was a great homoeopathy practitioner and a passionate painter.
- He drew a nude picture of his wife, which represents his excellent artistic skills.
- He was considered one of the most versatile actors of his time; as he had excelled in every kind of character, whether it was tragedy, comedy, or romance.
Who is Ashok Kumar and why is he popular?
Kumudlal Ganguly, better known by his stage name Ashok Kumar and also fondly called Dadamoni, was an Indian film actor who attained iconic status in Indian cinema and who was a member of the cinematic Ganguly family.
Who is Ashok Kumar dating?
Ashok kumar was married to Shobha Devi
What is the net worth of Ashok Kumar?
$1 million to $2 million
Is there any controversy associated with Ashok Kumar?
Ashok Kumar’s tenure has been so controversial that his extension and confirmation as permanent judge has been questioned twice in court. The Supreme Court in December 2008, dismissed a petition filed by Shanthi Bhushan objecting Ashok Kumar’s appointment as a permanent judge of the Madras High Court.