Bordoodle Dog Breed Overview
One of the most searched dog breeds on the internet, Bordoodle belongs to the larege size dog. Also known as Borderpoos, this breed was discovered first in the United States. The average lifespan of this dog breed is 12-15 years and is associated with the Mixed Breed Dogs Group.
Bordoodle Dog Breed Price
Bordoodle from regular breeders cost you from $800 to $1000 per puppy.
Bordoodle Dog Breed Size
The Bordoodle varies in size: males are normally about 18–21 inches (45–53 cm) in height and around 30-60 pounds (13-27 kg) in weight, while females are normally around 18–21 inches (45–53 cm) in height and 30-60 pounds (13-27 kg) in weight.
Bordoodle Dog Breed Temperament
Bordoodles generally have a friendly and affectionate personality. They also usually have a very playful temperament and love to engage in games and dog sports with their humans. They also tend to take well to training.
Bordoodle Dog Breed Lifespan
The average lifespan for an Bordoodle is 12 to 15 years. That’s because these are medium-sized dogs with a good mix of genes in their blood.
Interesting Facts about Bordoodle Dog
- The Bordoodle is a mixed breed dog. They are not purebreds like their Border Collie or Poodle parents.
- Bordoodles come in a range of coat colors and patterns, usually incorporating a mix of black, white, gray and brown.
- Bordoodles don’t shed too much. Brushing your dog one or two times a week should suffice.
- These dogs are extremely smart, but that intelligence can sometimes manifest itself in destructive behavior if the dog is left alone or not properly trained.
- Children and Bordoodles are a great mix. In general, you couldn’t ask for a better family dog than the Bordoodle. It’s still important to supervise playtime with all kids and dogs.
- A couple of walks every day, totaling around 45 minutes, should do the trick to keep the dog happy and healthy. Although, due to the mixed breed’s intelligence, it’s of great benefit to incorporate obedience tasks into the exercise mix to keep the dog alert.
FAQ’s on Bordoodle Dog
Are Bordoodle smart?
Yes, Bordoodle are a highly intelligent dog breed.
Are Bordoodle trainable?
They are highly trainable, have the ability to learn complicated tasks, and perform excellently as search and rescue dogs.
Can Bordoodle be kept with other dogs?
Bordoodle Temperament They are highly protective of their family members. They are also highly intelligent, and they do well with other pets whether canine or feline. It is important that children are gentle with them, however. Proper socialization is key for both children and the Bordoodle.
Do Bordoodle have locking jaws?
No, they do not have locking jaws.
Are Bordoodle unpredictable dogs?
It’s the owner not the breed. This is 100% true. The Bordoodle is a very dependable and predictable dog breed. A Bordoodle will be as good or as bad as his owner. If you know your dog, you can predict how he will react in almost all situations. This will prevent any untoward incident.
What should I feed my Bordoodle?
We recommend this adult dry dog food from Blue Buffalo for the Bordoodle. Made with high-quality protein, this food helps your dog build and maintain healthy muscles. It also helps meet the energy needs of a Bordoodle, while providing them with omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to promote a shiny coat and healthy skin.
At what age is a Bordoodle fully grown?
Depending on the pup’s size, they might reach their full-grown size at around 8-18 months of age. Smaller Doodles reach their full height and weight sooner. Larger Doodles might stop growing once they’re 18 months old.
When does a Bordoodle mature?
Bordoodle At around 11-13 months of age, they have reached their adult weight. However, keep in mind that all dogs are unique and some might take slower and some or faster when reaching their full size.
How long does a Bordoodle live?
An Bordoodle can live anywhere from 12 to 15 years.