Boxerdoodle Breed Overview
One of the most searched dog breeds on the internet, Boxerdoodle belongs to the small,medium,large size dogs. Also known as Boxerpoo, this breed was discovered first in the Germany. The average lifespan of this dog breed is 10-12 years and is associated with the Mixed Breed DogsGroup.
Boxerdoodle Breed Price
Boxerdoodle from regular breeders cost you from $500 to $1000 per puppy.
Boxerdoodle Breed Size
The Boxerdoodle varies in size: males are normally about 10-25 inches (25.5-63.5 cm), in height and around 12-70 pounds (5.5-32 kg) in weight, while females are normally around 10-25 inches (25.5-63.5 cm), in height and around 12-70 pounds (5.5-32 kg) in weight.
Boxerdoodle Breed Temperament
Boxerdoodles are intelligent, active, and fairly easy to train. They will enjoy joining in on hikes and long walks. These dogs are friendly and social. They make excellent family companions.
Boxerdoodle Breed Lifespan
The average lifespan for an Boxerdoodle is 10 to 12 years. That’s because these are medium-sized dogs with a good mix of genes in their blood.
Interesting Facts about Boxerdoodle Dog
- The Boxerdoodle is a mixed breed dog. They are not purebreds like their Boxer or Poodle parents.
- Boxerdoodles come in almost any color you could image–although shades of brown are usually the most common colors.
- The Boxerdoodle’s coat is usually curly and wavy, although it can range from short to long in length. You’ll need to commit to brushing it at least every second day.
- Children and Boxerdoodles do well in each other’s company. Just be sure to follow the usual guidelines about ensuring proper socialization and training from an early age for both kids and dogs.
- When it comes to existing household pets, this mixed breed needs to be correctly socialized to be around them. They may do best as the solo pet in the home.
- Boxerdoodles are intelligent, active, and fairly easy to train. They will enjoy joining in on hikes and long walks.
- These dogs are friendly and social. They make excellent family companions.
FAQ’s on Boxerdoodle
Are Boxerdoodle Dangerous Dogs? Are Boxerdoodle naturally aggressive?
Boxerdoodles are high-energy dogs who require plenty of exercise to remain calm. Without exercise, they may become hyper or aggressive. Similarly, without proper training or socialization, Boxerdoodles may exhibit fear-based aggression, particularly with strangers and children.
Are Boxerdoodle smart?
Yes, Boxerdoodle are a highly intelligent dog breed.
Are Boxerdoodle trainable?
They are highly trainable, have the ability to learn complicated tasks, and perform excellently as search and rescue dogs.
Can Boxerdoodle be kept with other dogs?
Boxerdoodles love kids and are great playmates for active older children. They can be too rambunctious for toddlers, however, and can accidentally knock them down in play. Boxerdoodles can get along well with other dogs and cats, especially if they’re raised with them.
Can a Boxerdoodle attack its owner?
Boxerdoodles can also show a vicious streak and can be trained to attack. They are excellent watchdogs, but their protective nature can sometimes cause them to show unwanted aggression. A Boxerdoodle dog bite can do a lot of damage due to that strong underbite jaw.
Do Boxerdoodle have locking jaws?
No, they do not have locking jaws.
Are Boxerdoodle safe to keep with kids?
A Boxerdoodle is very patient and tolerates children very well. A Boxerdoodle is very affectionate and loving. A Boxerdoodle is protective of his family and will look out for your kids. A Boxerdoodle loves to play and will happily run around with your children all day long if given the chance.
At what age is a Boxerdoodle fully grown?
Boxerdoodle stop growing at around 12month of age. However, they tend to thicken up until they are around 16month old.
When does a Boxerdoodle mature?
They will likely reach their full height around 12 months old, but can continue to gain some more weight over the upcoming months. Depending on their size, we can expect a Boxerdoodle to plateau at its full adult weight between 12 and 16 months old. Typically, larger Doodles finish growing later than smaller dogs.
How long does a Boxerdoodle live?
A Boxerdoodle can live anywhere from 10 to 12 years.