Daniff Dog Breed Overview
One of the most searched dog breeds on the internet, Daniff belongs to the Giant large size dog. The average lifespan of this dog breed is 8-12 years and is associated with the Mixed Breed Dogs Group.
|Dog Breed Name:
|Medium size dog
|27 to 33 inches
|115 to 190 pounds
|high energy level,
|Mixed Breed Dogs
|8 to 12 years
|Dog Breed Overview:
|"The Daniff mixed dog breed is said to have originated in
the U.S over the past ten to 15 years, but this designer breed is quickly growing in popularity.Both parent breeds were historically used for protection but were also wonderful companion animals, as well, making this gentle giant an excellent mix of two breeds with great personalities, suitable for being both intimidating guard dogs and perfect family pets.Even though the Daniff got their start as a designer breed, some have ended up in shelters or rescue groups. If this breed is right for you, make sure to check your local animal shelters and breed specific rescue groups."
|fawn, black and white, brindle,
|lovable, protective of their families, and gentle giants.
Daniff Dog Breed Price
Daniff from regular breeders cost you from $800 to $1200 per puppy.
Daniff Dog Breed Size
The Daniff varies in size: males are normally about 27 to 33 inches in height and around 115 to 190 pounds in weight, while females are normally around 27 to 33 inches in height and 115 to 190 pounds in weight.
Daniff Dog Breed Temperament
The Daniff is a mixture of the Great Dane and Mastiff parent dog breeds. He is a giant-sized dog, but a very gentle giant. He is generally a low-maintenance dog who sheds very little. His coat will be soft and shiny.
Daniff Dog Breed Lifespan
The average lifespan for a Daniff is 8 to 12 years. That’s because these are medium-sized dogs with a good mix of genes in their blood.
Interesting Facts about Daniff Dog
- Daniffs are mixed breed dogs. They are not purebreds like their Great Dane or English Mastiff parents.
- The most common Daniff coat colors include fawn, black and white, brindle, and even two unique color patterns called merle and harlequin.
- Daniffs usually have very short coats and do shed, so they are not the best choice for those who suffer with allergies.
- Since the Daniff is such a large dog, they can easily knock down a small child unintentionally if they become rambunctious, so an adult should always be present. That said, Daniffs love to play with people of all ages.
- Many Daniffs get along fine with other dogs and cats, but must be socialized and well trained early on to ensure a happy and safe cohabitation.
- Training a Daniff puppy may come with some challenges. While this mix is very intelligent, they may also tend to be a bit stubborn.
- Daniffs can be just as lazy as they can be playful. Daily thirty minute walks and playing with a variety of toys will help to keep your dog happy and healthy.
FAQ’s on Daniff Dog
Are Daniff Dangerous Dogs? Are Daniff naturally aggressive?
Very intelligent and loves people! “Daniff” refers to English Mastiff and Great Dane in my case, and she is 160lbs and fit. Very protective and sometimes aggressive toward strangers, but loves to cuddle with her family.
Is Daniff smart?
Yes, Daniff is a highly intelligent dog breed.
Are Daniff trainable?
They are highly trainable, have the ability to learn complicated tasks, and perform excellently as search and rescue dogs.
Can Daniff be kept with other dogs?
These breeds generally aren’t a good fit for homes with smaller pets that can look like prey, such as cats, hamsters, or small dogs. Breeds that were originally used for bird hunting, on the other hand, generally won’t chase, but you’ll probably have a hard time getting their attention when there are birds flying by.
Does Daniff kill people?
No, Even when raised improperly, Daniff will not kill a person. When they attack, it is due to them being raised and socialized improperly by the owner. The reason that they can hurt people more than most other dog breeds is the fact that they have strong jaws and have a bad reputation due to which victims are in shock.
Do Daniff have locking jaws?
No, they do not have locking jaws.
Are Daniff unpredictable dogs?
Even among the same litter mates you may notice different temperaments. In general, though, this hybrid is highly intelligent, confident and faithful. It is important that your Bull Daniff puppy is socialized at an early age. The Bull Daniff can be suspicious of strangers but rarely aggressive.
When does a Daniff mature?
A Great Dane will be fully grown at the age of 1.5 or 2 years. However, this depends, and every dog is different. After this, they will start to build up muscles. A fully grown Male Great Dane will stand up to 32 inches and put up a whopping 175 lbs (79.3 kgs).
When do Daniff lose their teeth?
At around 5-7 months, you can expect a major explosion in the drive to chew as your Great Dane is losing her baby teeth and adult teeth are pushing their way in.
How long does a Daniff live?
A Daniff can live anywhere from 8 to 12 years.