Drever Dog Breed Price, Lifespan, Temperament and Size
Drever Dog Breed Overview
One of the most searched dog breeds on the internet, Drever belongs to the small size dog Also known as Swedish Dachsbracke, this breed was discovered first in Sweden The average lifespan of this dog breed is 12-15 years and is associated with the Hound Dogs Group.
|Dog Breed Name:||Drever|
|Other Names:||Swedish Dachsbracke|
|Size:||small size dog|
|Average Height:||11-16 inches (28-40 cm)|
|Average Weight:||32-34 pounds (14-16 kg)|
|Energy:||average energy level|
|Life Span:||12 to 15 years|
|Dog Breed Overview:||The Drentsche Patrijshond were brought to the Netherlands by way of France and Spain in the 16th century. In the Netherlands, this breed was referred to as Partridge dogs. Once the Drentsche Patrijshond was bred, hunters in the province of Drenthe in the Netherlands kept them pure by not mixing them with foreign breeds.Throughout their history in the Netherlands, the Drentsche Patrijshond was depended on for three main jobs: as versatile hunting dogs, farmyard dogs, and playmates and guardians to the children of the hunters and farmers. They were multipurpose dogs. The Drentsche Patrijshond was able to hunt all kinds of game, including pests and vermin.The Raad van Beheer op Kynologisch Gebied (Dutch Kennel Club) officially recognized the breed in 1943. Five years later in 1948, a Dutch breed club called the Vereniging De Drentsche Patrijshond formed. They established breed standards to ensure dogs could fulfill their original purposes as hunters, watchdogs, and family companions. It wasn't until 2010 that the American Kennel Club (AKC) introduced the Drentsche Patrijshond into their Foundation Stock Service.|
Drever Dog Breed Price
Drever from regular breeders cost you from $600 to $800 per puppy.
Drever Dog Breed Size
The Drever varies in size: males are normally about 11-16 inches (28-40 cm) in height and around 32-34 pounds (14-16 kg) in weight, while females are normally around 11-16 inches (28-40 cm) in height 32-34 pounds (14-16 kg) in weight.
Drever Dog Breed Temperament
Drevers are a very playful breed and love to hang out with their people. As long as they have some stimulating daily activity, they are also content to lay on the couch with you. They are great companions for outdoor activities like walking, biking, and hiking and are happiest with a good balanced routine.
Drever Dog Breed Lifespan
The average lifespan for a Drever is 12 to 15 years. That’s because these are medium-sized dogs with a good mix of genes in their blood.
Interesting Facts about Drever Dog
- The colors of the Drever’s coat are primarily brindle, fawn, red, and tri-colored. They can also have markings in sable or white. Their coats are easy to groom. A good brushing per week will probably do.
- Drevers were bred to be trackers for hunters but are very affectionate to their owners and love to cuddle if they’re indoors.
- The Drever is strong-willed and needs a strong trainer. They can make good watchdogs and will bark at the first sign of what they sense is trouble.
- Drevers have high energy levels. Make sure your dog gets at least one good half-hour to hour-long walk per day with a few good, active play sessions and shorter walks mixed in.
- Drevers aren’t naturally fond of other animals and may prefer to be the solo pet in the household. Still, many Drevers get along just fine with other dogs, so it really comes down to training, socialization, and the luck of the draw.
- Most Drevers are fine with kids but may prefer older children who know how to properly and gently interact with pets.
FAQ’s on Drever Dog
Is Drever smart?
Yes, Drever are a highly intelligent dog breed.
Are Drever trainable?
They are highly trainable, have the ability to learn complicated tasks, and perform excellently as search and rescue dogs.
Can a Drever attack its owner?
No, Drever are a highly loyal breed. If this ever occurs it is due to poorly raising and socializing the dog and would be a very rare instance.
Does Drever kill people?
No, Even when raised improperly, Drever will not kill a person. When they attack, it is due to them being raised and socialized improperly by the owner. The reason that they can hurt people more than most other dog breeds is the fact that they have strong jaws and have a bad reputation due to which victims are in shock.
Does Drever have locking jaws?
No, they do not have locking jaws.
When does a Drever mature?
Drevers are fully-grown by the time they are one-year-old
How long does a Drever live?
Drever can live anywhere from 12 to 15 years.