Golden Shepherd Dog Breed Overview
One of the most searched dog breeds on the internet, Golden Shepherd belongs to the large size dog. Also known as Alsatian Wolf Dog , this breed was discovered first in Germany. The average lifespan of this dog breed is 10-14 years and is associated with the Mixed Breed Dogs.
|Dog Breed Name:
|Alsatian Alsatian Wolf Dog
|Medium size dog
|Male: 60–65 cm, Female: 55–60 cm
|Male: 30–40 kg, Female: 22–32 kg
|high energy dog
|Mixed Breed Dogs
|10 to 14 years
|Dog Breed Overview:
|"The Golden Shepherd mixed breed may have existed naturally over the years, but this specific
mix breed was first beginning to get attention in 2009.Breeders wanted to mix the two parent breeds to minimize health problems that affect many purebreds as well as create an ultimate family companion and watchdog. They continued to create Golden Shepherds as demand for the mixed breed pups climbed.Even though Golden Shepherds got their start as a designer breed, some have ended up in shelters or in the care of rescue groups. Consider adoption if you decide this is the dog for you.Check your local shelters, look up Golden Shepherd rescues, or check with breed-specific German Shepherd and Golden Retriever rescues, as they sometimes help to re-home mixed breeds."
|Black, Black & Tan, Sable, Black & Silver, Grey, Red & Black
|Stubborn, Intelligent, Loyal, Alert, Confident, Obedient, Protective, Curious, Watchful, Courageous, Brave
Golden Shepherd Dog Breed Price
Golden Shepherd from regular breeders cost you from $1500 to $3000 per puppy.
Golden Shepherd Dog Breed Size
The Golden Shepherd varies in size: males are normally about 60–65 cm, in height and around 55–60 cm in weight, while females are normally around 30–40 kg, in height and 22–32 kg in weight.
Golden Shepherd Dog Breed Temperament
The Golden Shepherd has an outgoing, upbeat, and friendly personality that should get along well with almost everyone. There is a chance it may inherit a wariness of strangers from its German Shepherd parent, but once it makes friends, this dog is a loyal and protective companion and even an excellent watchdog.
Golden Shepherd Dog Breed Lifespan
The average lifespan for a Golden Shepherd is 10 to 14 years. That’s because these are medium-sized dogs with a good mix of genes in their blood.
Interesting Facts about Golden Shepherd Dog
- Golden Shepherds are mixed breed dogs. They are not purebreds like their Golden Retriever or German Shepherd Dog parents.
- The main colors of Golden Shepherds are black, tan, red, cream, and blue. Sometimes their coats are solid, and sometimes they have a mix of colors.
- While they are not a good choice of dog for allergy sufferers, their coats are pretty easy to care for. A good brushing per week will probably do the job. They shed quite a bit.
- The Golden Shepherd not only loves kids, they enjoy the commotion they bring with them. They’ll happily attend a child’s birthday party, and you can possibly even get them to wear a party hat. Though, as with all dogs, playtime with kids should always be supervised.
- If a Golden Shepherd has had plenty of exposure to other dogs, cats, and small animals, and has been trained how to interact with them, they’ll be friendly with other pets, too.
- Golden Shepherds have high energy levels. Make sure your dog gets at least one hour-long walk per day. Hiking and other adventurous activities are strongly recommended.
- The Golden Shepherd is mouthy, and they’re happiest when they have something, anything, to carry in their mouth. They’re also a chewer, so be sure to keep sturdy toys available all the time
FAQ’s on Golden Shepherd Dog
Are Golden Shepherd Dangerous Dogs? Are Golden Shepherds naturally aggressive?
No, if these dogs are in the wrong hands, are not socialized properly, or are intentionally made to be this way by the owner, they can be dangerous. While it is highly illegal to raise these dogs to fight other dogs, or guard drug houses, or attack people, it is still being done. Fortunately, it is only done by a very small percentage while it is highly illegal in many places to raise Golden Shepherd to fight other dogs, or guard drug houses, or attack humans, it is still being done. Fortunately, it is only done by a very small percentage of dog owners. The majority of Golden Shepherd are not mean, dangerous, or vicious: When socialized with other dogs and people when they are puppies, they are an extremely lovable dog breed that can be trusted around other people and dogs of all ages.
Are Golden Shepherds smart?
In general, The Golden Shepherd is highly intelligent but can be a handful to train, early socialization is highly recommended.
Are Golden Shepherd trainable?
The Golden Shepherd is a very trainable and eager to please dog that strives to obey all of its owner commands.
Can Golden Shepherd be kept with other dogs?
These dogs are protective of their loved ones and friendly with people, children, and other dogs. Don’t leave them alone for long periods, though, or else they may become bored and destructive. See below for all Golden Shepherd facts and mixed dog breed characteristics!
Can a Golden Shepherd attack its owner?
The short answer is yes, German Shepherds can attack their owners, family members, or any other person or animal, but this doesn’t mean that they are aggressive dogs.
Do Golden Shepherds have locking jaws?
No, they do not have locking jaws.
Is Golden Shepherd safe to keep with kids?
Generally, Golden Shepherd is safe to keep with kids they have been raised with. It is important that the kids do not disturb a sleeping dog, do not snatch the dog’s food; do not poke fingers in the dog’s eyes, etc. It is best to judge their relationship slowly. Every dog is unique, as is every kid.
At what age is a Golden Shepherd fully grown?
The short answer is German Shepherds reach their full growth at about three years of age
How long does a Golden Shepherd live?
A Golden Shepherd can live anywhere from 10 to 14 years.