Greyador Dog Breed Overview
One of the most searched dog breeds on the internet, Greyador belongs to the larger size Dog. This breed was discovered first in England, Italy, Canada . The average lifespan of this dog breed is 11-13 years and is associated with the Mixed Breed Dogs Group.
|Dog Breed Name:||Greyador|
|Size:||large size dog|
|Average Height:||21 to 27 inches|
|Average Weight:||50 to 80 pounds|
|Energy:||high energy dog|
|Group:||Mixed Breed Dogs|
|Life Span:||11 to 13 years|
|Dog Breed Overview:||While the Greyador mixed breed may have existed naturally over the years, designer breeders started intentionally mixing Labrador Retrievers and Greyhounds in the 1990s, likely in North America.While the Greyador's known history isn't a long one, it may be helpful to understand the history of this mix's parent breeds.The Greyhound is an ancient breed, originating in the Middle East and North Africa. Greyhounds are depicted in Ancient Egyptian art and are the only dog breed mentioned in the bible.Labrador Retrievers are from Newfoundland. Originally called St. Johns dog (after the capital city of Newfoundland), they used to help fishermen retrieve fish who escaped hooks, tow in fishing lines, and perform all types of other fisherman dog duties.Put these two together and you get the gorgeous Greyador. Breeders wanted to mix the two parent breeds to create a graceful, athletic, strong, family dog. They continued to create Greyadors as demand for the pups went up.|
|Colours:||black, brown, white, tan, fawn, red, silver, blue, and brindle.|
|Temperament:||friendly and not aggressive|
Greyador Dog Breed Price
Greyador from regular breeders cost you from $500 to $800 per puppy.
Greyador Dog Breed Size
The Greyador varies in size males are normally about 21 to 27 inches in height and around 50 to 80 pounds in weight, while females are normally around 21 to 27 inches in height and 50 to 80 pounds in weight.
Greyador Dog Breed Temperament
The Greyhound parent is typically friendly and not aggressive. They are often sensitive to any tension occurring in the home. Having been bred to hunt, the Greyhound may be apt to chase smalls animals that he encounters making caution necessary when introducing your Greyador to little creatures.
Greyador Dog Breed Lifespan
The average lifespan for a Greyador is 11 to 13 years. That’s because these are medium-sized dogs with a good mix of genes in their blood.
Interesting Facts about Greyador Dog
- Greyadors are mixed breed dogs. They are not purebreds like their Greyhound or Labrador Retriever parents.
- The main colors of Greyadors are black, brown, white, tan, fawn, red, silver, blue, and brindle. Sometimes their coats are solid, and sometimes their coats are a blend of colors.
- Greyadors shed a lot and are not a good choice for allergy sufferers. They’ll need daily brushing.
- Greyadors are active dogs. They should get a 60-minute, brisk paced walk or hike every day. If they don’t get enough exercise, they could engage in destructive behavior.
- Their sweet and gentle temperament makes the Greyador an excellent companion for a family with children of all ages. Always supervise play between children and dogs.
- The Greyador can also get along well with other dogs. Though be careful with cats and other small animals. They may view them as games.
- Greyadors are intelligent, though when it comes to training they can be stubborn. Make sure not to ever yell, and remember to use positive re-enforcement and treat rewards.
FAQ’s on Greyador Dog
Are Greyador smart?
In general, The Greyador is highly intelligent but can be a handful to train, early socialization is highly recommended.
Are Greyador trainable?
The Greyador is a dog that has a reputation for being very tricky to train.
Can a Greyador attack its owner?
No, Greyador is a highly loyal breed. If this ever occurs it is due to poorly raising and socializing the dog and would be a very rare instance.
Does Greyador kill people?
No, Even when raised improperly, Greyador will not kill a person. When they attack, it is due to them being raised and socialized improperly by the owner. The reason that they can hurt people more than most other dog breeds is the fact that they have strong jaws and have a bad reputation due to which victims are in shock.
Does Greyador have locking jaws?
No, they do not have locking jaws.
Is Greyador safe to keep with kids?
Generally, Greyador is safe to keep with kids they have been raised with. It is important that the kids do not disturb a sleeping dog, do not snatch the dog’s food; do not poke fingers in the dog’s eyes, etc. It is best to judge their relationship slowly. Every dog is unique, as is every kid.
How long does a Greyador live?
A Greyador can live anywhere from 11 to 13 years.