Gurdas Maan a Net Worth & Personal Details
Gurdas Maan is a famous name in Bollywood Industry. The Charming Actor Gurdas Maan is one of the best actors in Bollywood movies. There are millions of fans and followers of Gurdas Maan in the world and followers always want to get maximum information about their favorite bollywood cinema.
|Real Name:||Gurdas Maan|
|Profession:||Actor, Singer, Songwriter|
|Date of Birth:||4 January 1957|
|Birth Place||Giddarbaha, Muktsar, Punjab, India|
|Age As of 2022||65 Years|
|Net Worth in Dollars||$50 Million|
|Short Bio||Gurdas Maan is an Indian playback singer, songwriter and actor mainly associated with Punjabi and Hindi language music and films. He gained national attention in 1980 with the song "Dil Da Mamla Hai". Since then, he has gone on to record over 34 albums and has written over 305 songs.|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Manjit Kaur Maan|
|Wife/Spouse||Manjit Kaur Maan|
|Debut||Song: Dil Da Mamala Hai (1980) |
Album: Chakkar (1984)
Film: Mamla Gadbad Hai (1984)
|Residence||Giddarbaha, Muktsar, Punjab, India|
|Education Qualification||Diploma Course in Sports Coaching from National Institute of Sports, Patiala, India|
|Year Active||1980 – Present|
|Social Media Links||Facebook | Instagram | Twitter|
Gurdas Maan in Spotlight
Gurdas Maan Net Worth
Gurdas Maan is known for his acting ability and his versatility. He is a very compatible and energetic actor, who has a capacity to make any role his own. Gurdas Maan might be the unassailable actor of Punjabi Movies but his income comes from many different sources such as Movies,singing, shows, endorsements and business investments. Gurdas Maan‘s Net worth is $50 Million in 2022 which in Indian Currency is 350 Crore Indian Rupee.
|Net Worth (2022)||$50 Million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||Rs. 350 Crore|
|Monthly Income And Salary||Rs. 50 lakh +|
|Yearly Salary In Indian Rupees||Rs. 6 crore +|
Gurdas Maan Net Worth in Last 5 Years
|Net Worth in 2021||$50 Million|
|Net Worth in 2020||$49 Million|
|Net Worth in 2019||$48 Million|
|Net Worth in 2018||$47 Million|
|Net Worth in 2017||$46 Million|
Gurdas Maan Controversy
- In 2005, he came into controversy twice. Firstly, when he sang a movie song at a Vaisakhi concert, instead of singing a religious song. Secondly, when he made a song saying “throw away your religious books and underwear” which hurt the sentiments of the Sikh community.
- In 2011, Mann released an album called Jogiya. The song Sadi Jithe Lagi Ae Lagi Rehn De propelled a controversy among the Sikh community as it was promoting derawad.
Uncover The Lesser Known Facts About The Gurdas Maan
- During his college days, he gave his first stage performance at an official event of Punjab State Electricity Board on the song Sajna Ve Sajna, listening to which, their official staff got so much impressed that they gave him a job in their department.
- He was a fine athlete and has won a bronze model at the National Wrestling Championship.
- He is also a black belt in Judo.
- He used to participate in youth festivals organized by various universities and won numerous awards for his singing and acting.
- He has written & directed the TV show POP Time for Doordarshan, Delhi.
- Watching one of his stage performances on the song Dil Da Mamla Hai, the producer of a Jalandhar TV station approached him for the TV recording of the same song. Maan immediately agreed to it, after which the song was aired on 31 December 1980, and became an instant hit.
- For his evergreen track Apna Punjab Hove, he has received awards in various categories such as The Best Song, The Best Album, and The Best International Artist of the Asian Pop and Media Award, held in Birmingham, UK in 1998.
- In 2005, he won the Jury’s Award (The National Film Award), which was given by the President of India.
- In 2009, he won the Best International Album Award at the UK Asian Music Awards for his superhit song Boot Polishan (2007).
- On 7 September 2010, he was bestowed an honorary doctorate from the Wolverhampton University in the UK for his immense contribution to International Punjabi music, art, and culture.
- On 9 January 2001, he met with an accident at a village near Rupnagar, Punjab, in which his driver cum good friend Tejpal died and later he dedicated the song Sawari to him.
- On 20 January 2007, at a village near Karnal, Haryana, he again met with a car accident in which he was hit by a truck, after which he got minor injuries on his face and body, and his driver Ganesh suffered serious injuries.
- In 2015, Maan performed on the song “Ki Banu Duniya Da” along with Diljit Dosanjh at the Coke Studio.
- He has made a special appearance in the Bollywood film “Veer Zaara.”
- Every year in the month of May, he performs at the Dera Baba Murad Shah Ji (Nakodar, Punjab) as he is a devotee of Baba Murad Shah Ji & Sai Laddi Shah Ji.
- He is a huge supporter of Manchester United Football Club.
- He always wanted to be a successful solo artist, and that’s why he rejected many offers to perform as a duet artist.
- Apart from Punjabi, he is also fluent in Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Haryanvi and Rajasthani languages.
- He has produced 34+ albums and has written 305+ songs.
- He considers ice-cream his weakness.
- Gurdas along with his wife Manjit Maan owns a production house “Sai Productions” in Mumbai.
- Maan was awarded a National Film Award for the ‘Best Male Playback Singer’ for the film Waris Shah: Ishq Daa Waaris by the president of India.
- He is often addressed as “The Living Legend,” “Maan Sahab,” and “The Pride of Punjab.”
- Maan owns the restaurant “The Studio – by Gurdas Maan” which is based on the concept of providing fine-dining experience with live musical performances.
Some FAQs Regarding Gurdas Maan
Who is Gurdas Maan and why is he popular?
Gurdas Maan is an Indian playback singer, songwriter and actor mainly associated with Punjabi and Hindi language music and films. He gained national attention in 1980 with the song “Dil Da Mamla Hai”. Since then, he has gone on to record over 34 albums and has written over 305 songs.
Who is Gurdas Maan dating?
Gurdas Maan is married to Manjit Kaur Maan
What is the net worth of Gurdas Maan?
Is there any controversy associated with Gurdas Maan?
In 2011, Mann released an album called Jogiya. The song Sadi Jithe Lagi Ae Lagi Rehn De propelled a controversy among the Sikh community as it was promoting derawad.