Hamiltonstovare Dog Breed Overview
One of the most searched dog breeds on the internet, Hamiltonstovare belongs to the larger size Dog. Also known as the Hamilton Hound .This breed was discovered first in Sweden .The average lifespan of this dog breed is 14-17 years
|Dog Breed Name:||Hamiltonstovare|
|Other Names:||Hamilton Hound|
|Size:||Giant large size dog|
|Average Height:||Male: 53–61 cm,Female: 49–57 cm|
|Average Weight:||Male: 23–27 kg, Female: 23–27 kg|
|Energy:||high energy levels|
|Life Span:||14-17 years|
|Dog Breed Overview:||Late in the 1800s, Count Adolf Hamilton, the man who founded the Swedish Kennel Club, developed the Hamiltonstovare breed. He aimed to create a strong, hardworking dog who would help people hunt small game, like foxes and rabbits. The dogs needed to handle the mountainous and untamed Swedish landscape.The Hamiltonstovare breed even worked their way into a Swedish folktale that tells the story of one of these pups journeying across the countryside with an elf and helping housewives in need.As scent hounds, Hamiltonstovares can help hunters either individually or with the assistance of a partner dog. They work to lead small game toward hunters. These dogs are hardworking and able to act independently.Today, Hamiltonstovare still help hunters in Sweden, but they're becoming more popular in other countries, including the United States. There is even a Hamiltonstovare Club of America.The United Kennel Club (UKC) recognized the Hamiltonstovare in 2006. The American Kennel Club (AKC) has admitted the breed into its Foundation Stock Service, the final step before full recognition.|
|Colours:||Tricolour coat of black, tan and white|
|Temperament:||Even Tempered, Friendly, Devoted, Energetic, Patient, Courageous|
Hamiltonstovare Dog Breed Size
The Hamiltonstovare varies in size males are normally about 19-21 inches (48-50 cm) in height and around 23–27 kg in weight, while females are normally around 49–57 cm in height and 23–27 kg in weight.
Hamiltonstovare Dog Breed Temperament
Hamiltonstovare are a highly perceptive breed and adore their people. They make excellent service dogs, especially for medical alerts and psychological alerting. They are also wonderful family dogs and generally get along with everybody and everything.
Hamiltonstovare Dog Breed Lifespan
The average lifespan for a Hamiltonstovare is 14 to 17 years. That’s because these are medium-sized dogs with a good mix of genes in their blood.
Interesting Facts about Hamiltonstovare Dog
- The Hamiltonstovare has mixed colors of tan on the head, around the ears, and on the legs. You might also spot black and white marks around the face, neck, and collar.
- They’re fairly easy to groom due to their short coats. A good brushing per week will most likely do.
- Hamiltonstovare s have a strong prey drive, as they were originally developed to hunt small game. Before you let them loose, you need to train your Hamiltonstovare to reliably return on your command, and you’ll definitely need some way to enclose your yard, or they may wander.
- Hamiltonstovare s have high energy levels. Make sure your dog gets at least one good half-hour- to hour-long walk per day with a few good, active play sessions and shorter walks mixed in.
- Because the Hamiltonstovare is an energetic dog, they might be too boisterous for toddlers or smaller children. Though they wouldn’t harm children, it would be best if they were playing with older children or teenagers who can handle their energy.
- When it comes to other pets, the Hamiltonstovare has a strong prey drive and might not get along with hamsters, rabbits, or smaller animals.
FAQ’s on Hamiltonstovare Dog
Are Hamiltonstovare s smart?
In general, The Hamiltonstovare is highly intelligent but can be a handful to train, early socialization is highly recommended.
Are Hamiltonstovare s trainable?
The Hamiltonstovare is a dog that has a reputation for being very tricky to train.
Can a Hamiltonstovare attack its owner?
No, Hamiltonstovare is a highly loyal breed. If this ever occurs it is due to poorly raising and socializing the dog and would be a very rare instance.
Does Hamiltonstovare kill people?
No, Even when raised improperly, Hamiltonstovare will not kill a person. When they attack, it is due to them being raised and socialized improperly by the owner. The reason that they can hurt people more than most other dog breeds is the fact that they have strong jaws and have a bad reputation due to which victims are in shock.
Does Hamiltonstovare have locking jaws?
No, they do not have locking jaws.
Is Hamiltonstovare safe to keep with kids?
Hamiltonstovare is good with kids so long as they are well trained and socialized. They are generally affectionate and gentle in temperament. However, they are not very tolerant of smaller children or ones who act out around them.
How long does a Hamiltonstovare live?
A Hamiltonstovare can live anywhere from 14 to 17 years.