Irrfan Khan Net Worth & Personal Details
Irrfan Khan is a famous name in Bollywood Industry. The Charming Actor Irrfan Khan is one of the best actors in Bollywood movies. There are millions of fans and followers of Irrfan Khan in the world and followers always want to get maximum information about their favourite bollywood cinema.
|Date of Birth:||7 January 1967|
|Birth Place||Tonk, Rajasthan, India|
|Age As of 2022||55 Years|
|Net Worth in Dollars||$3.643 Billion|
|Short Bio||Irrfan Khan, also known simply as Irrfan, was an Indian actor who worked in Hindi cinema as well as British and American films.|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Sutapa Sikdar (m. 1995–2020)|
|Wife/Spouse||Sutapa Sikdar (m. 1995–2020)|
|Debut||Film: Salaam Bombay! (1988)|
|Education Qualification||Diploma In Dramatic Arts From NSD|
|Social Media Links|
Irrfan Khan in Spotlight
Irrfan Khan Net Worth
Irrfan Khan is known for his acting ability and his versatility. He is a very compatible and energetic actor, who has a capacity to make any role his own. Irrfan Khan might be the unassailable actor of Bollywood Movies but his income comes from many different sources such as Movies, shows, endorsements and business investments. Irrfan Khan‘s Net worth is $50 Million in 2022 which in Indian Currency is 350 Crore Indian Rupee.
|Net Worth (2022)||$50 Million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||Rs. 350 Crore|
|Monthly Income And Salary||Rs. 50 lakh +|
|Yearly Salary In Indian Rupees||Rs. 6 crore +|
Irrfan Khan Net Worth in Last 5 Years
|Net Worth in 2020||$50 million|
|Net Worth in 2019||$48 million|
|Net Worth in 2018||$46 million|
|Net Worth in 2017||$44 million|
|Net Worth in 2016||$41 million|
Irrfan Khan Controversies
- Days ahead of release of his movie Madaari, actor Irrfan Khan has courted controversy raising questions over Ramzan fast and Muslim festival of Muharram.Irrfan’s remarks have not gone too well among the Muslim clerics in Jaipur, the actor’s hometown. City’s top Islamic scholars have advised the Paan Singh Tomar actor to concentrate on his acting rather than making controversial remarks
Uncover The Lesser Known Facts About The Irrfan Khan
- Irrfan was born into a family with royal connections from his mother’s side, and his father was a wealthy Zamindar who wanted him to join their family business of tires.
- In his school, he was a very shy person, and his teachers would often scold him because his voice was never audible in the class.
- Reportedly, he faced a lot of struggle in his teenage years, and he even worked as a repairer of air conditioners and also as a tutor to earn his living.
- He aspired to become a cricketer. He was selected for a tournament named CK Nayudu Tournament, which is for players under 23 years, but due to lack of funds, he missed the opportunity.
- While pursuing an MA in Jaipur, he was offered a scholarship to attend NSD (National School of Drama) and thus, he entered the world of drama.
- In his final year at NSD, Mira Nair selected him for a role in Salaam Bombay. However, his role was cut down at the time of its release.
- In the initial days of his stay in Mumbai, he shared a flat with Raghubir Yadav.
- He had a remarkable stint on the small screen too and appeared in many popular television shows, such as Bharat Ek Khoj (1988), Chanakya (1991), Banegi Apni Baat (1993), AnooGoonj (1993), Sara Jahan Hamara (1994), Chandrakanta (1994), Star Bestsellers (1995), and Sparsh (1998).
- Later, he appeared in some unnoticed films during the 90s. But things changed when he got the opportunity to play a role in the British-Indian film ‘The Warrior.’
- He rose to fame with his negative role in Tigmanshu Dhulia‘s film- Haasil in 2003.
- In 2005, he got his first lead role in the film “Rog”, after many of his films got shelved.
- He met the love of his life- Sutapa Sikdar (now wife) in NSD where they used to study in the same class. She belongs to a Hindu Brahmin family.
- Irrfan changed the name of his spelling from “Irfan” to “Irrfan” in 2012, but there was no numerology behind this, he just liked the sound of extra “r” in his name.
- He had a dream of giving her mother a suitcase full of money one day.
- His acting in the film “Paan Singh Tomar” (based on the life of Paan Singh Tomar) was critically acclaimed both by the audience and critics, and he also got many accolades for the film, including the National Film Award for Best Actor.
- His acting in the film “Lunch Box” was also critically acclaimed, and it became the only Indian movie to get a TFCA Award (Toronto Film Critics Association).
- For his commitment to the films- Lunch Box and D-Day, he turned down a quite big role in the movie- Interstellar; as he had to leave India and stay in the USA for four months.
- He once said that in 1993, he didn’t have enough money to watch Jurassic Park, but in 2015, he appeared in the American film- Jurassic World.
- Apart from acting, he had also voiced two video games titled “Lego Jurassic World” and “Lego Dimensions”.
- In September 2015, the Rajasthan government named him the brand ambassador of “Resurgent Rajasthan” campaign.
- Just because his name resembled a terror suspect, he was detained twice at Los Angeles Airport.
- He was very selective when it came to scripts, and he used to do good research on his role. His writer-wife once said that she had to rewrite the script of some of the episodes of “Banegi Apni Baat” a dozen times because Irrfan wasn’t satisfied with it.
- Despite being born in a Pathan family, he hated Non-Vegetarian food, and his father often used to say that he was a Brahmin born in Pathans. In an interview, he said,“My family would tell me, Brahmin paida hua Pathano ke ghar mein.”
- Irrfan had deep compassion for animals. In an interview, he said,
“Dad always used to take us along when he went hunting. For us, it was adventurous; but when I went with my sister or my little brother, it was a bit traumatic because even though we enjoyed the mystery of the jungle and being in a new environment, when a wild animal was ultimately killed, we used to imagine what would happen to the animal’s family or its mother. We used to create an emotional connection with the animal. I learnt how to use the rifle, but I never hunted with it. I also strangely did not eat non-vegetarian food; maybe I didn’t enjoy the taste.”
- He was the first Bollywood actor to have acted in two films that won the Academy Awards – Slumdog Millionaire (2008) and Life of Pi (2012). However, the first choice for this role in Slumdog Millionaire was Gulshan Grover.
- For the film “Piku”, he rejected Ridley Scott’s film- The Martian.
- Reportedly, Irrfan just took two hours to read the script of Blackmail and agreed to do it. It was also reported later that he was diagnosed with a tumour at the time of the shoot of this film.
- On 16 March 2018, he revealed that he was suffering from a rare disease called “NeuroEndocrine Tumour”, a situation in which the neuroendocrine cells grow into tumours.
Who is Irrfan Khan and why is he popular?
Irrfan Khan, also known simply as Irrfan, was an Indian actor who worked in Hindi cinema as well as British and American films.
Who is Irrfan Khan dating?
Irrfan Khan married Sutapa Sikdar
What is the net worth of Irrfan Khan?
Is there any controversy associated with Irrfan Khan?
Days ahead of release of his movie Madaari, actor Irrfan Khan has courted controversy raising questions over Ramzan fast and Muslim festival of Muharram.Irrfan’s remarks have not gone too well among the Muslim clerics in Jaipur, the actor’s hometown. City’s top Islamic scholars have advised the Paan Singh Tomar actor to concentrate on his acting rather than making controversial remarks