Om Puri Net Worth & Personal Details
Om Puri is a famous name in Bollywood Industry. The Charming Actor Om Puri is one of the best actors in Bollywood movies. There are millions of fans and followers of Om Puri in the world and followers always want to get maximum information about their favourite bollywood cinema.
|Profession:||Actor; Film Producer, Politician|
|Date of Birth:||18 October 1950|
|Age As of 2022||71 Years|
|Net Worth in Dollars||$20 million|
|Short Bio||Om Prakash Puri, was an Indian actor who appeared in mainstream commercial Hindi films, as well as independent and art films. He is one of the most notable actors in the Indian cinema.|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Nandita Puri (m. 1993–2013), Seema Kapoor (m. 1991–1991)|
|Wife/Spouse||Nandita Puri (m. 1993–2013), Seema Kapoor (m. 1991–1991)|
|Debut||Film: Ghashiram Kotwal|
|Education Qualification||Graduate in Acting|
|Social Media Links||N/A|
Om Puri in Spotlight
Om Puri Net Worth
Om Puri is known for his acting ability and his versatility. He is a very compatible and energetic actor, who has a capacity to make any role his own. Om Puri might be the unassailable actor of Bollywood Movies but his income comes from many different sources such as Movies, shows, endorsements and business investments. Om Puri‘s Net worth is $20 Million in 2022 which in Indian Currency is 140 Crore Indian Rupee.
|Net Worth (2022)||$20 Million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||Rs. 140 Crore|
|Monthly Income And Salary||Rs. 15 lakh +|
|Yearly Salary In Indian Rupees||Rs. 1.8 crore +|
Om Puri Net Worth in Last 5 Years
|Net Worth in 2017||$20 million|
|Net Worth in 2016||$18 million|
|Net Worth in 2015||$17 million|
|Net Worth in 2014||$16 million|
|Net Worth in 2013||$15 million|
Om Puri Controversies
- Om Puri’s wife Nandita had written a book ‘Unlikely Hero: The Story of Om Puri’. Om was miffed with his wife Nandita for writing about her husband’s past relationships explicitly; that includes Om Puri’s sexual relationship with his maid when he was 14. Om thought that Nandita’s book tarnished his image.
- In 2013, Nandita Puri filed a police complaint of domestic abuse against Om Puri. Nandita alleged that Puri had assaulted her after an argument at their Versova flat. The Versova police had filed a charge sheet against the veteran actor in the domestic violence case in 2014.
Uncover The Lesser Known Facts About The Om Puri
- Puri initially wanted to join the Indian Army as his father worked in the Indian Army.
- During his college days, he used to have a part-time job of a lab assistant, with a salary of rupees 125 (INR).
- During his college days, he developed an interest in theatre acting and later, started participating in theatre drama competitions. After watching his work in one of such competitions, Harpal Tiwana, a prominent Punjabi playwright, invited him to join his theatre group, with an offer of rupees 150 (INR).
- A supporter of his theatre group, Deputy Commissioner, Mr. Kapoor, provided him with a government job.
- He and Naseeruddin Shah became good friends during his acting training in National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi.
- He was a vegetarian when he joined NSD, but turned non-vegetarian because of Naseeruddin Shah.
- Once Naseeruddin Shah’s former friends stabbed him with a knife at a restaurant, watching it, Om Puri jumped across their table, stopped the attacker to avoid further attacks, took Shah to the hospital in a police van, and saved his life.
- In 1975, he got the breakthrough with a child rights promoting film, Chor Chor Chhup Ja (Robber Take Care), for which he was paid rupees 3000 (INR).
- His role as Lahanya Bhiku in the film Aakrosh (1980), was critically acclaimed and earned him a Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award.
- He won the National Film Award for Arohan (1982) and Ardh Satya (1983).
- Amitabh Bachchan was the first choice for Ardh Satya, but he refused the offer, and luckily it went to Om Puri.
- In the era of 70’s and 80’s, Om Puri was the most popular actor of art movies. He said he enjoyed more while acting in art movies but he had to move to the commercial cinema in order to earn money to buy cars and bungalows.
- In 2004, he was honoured with the Honorary Officer of the Order of the British Empire for services to The British Film Industry.
- His first wife, Seema Kapoor (divorced), is the sister of actor Annu Kapoor.
- In 2013, he released his book Unlikely Hero: Om Puri, which was written by his then wife Nandita C. Puri.
- He lent his voice for Bagheera in the Hindi version of The Jungle Book (2016).
- He was last seen in Sunny Deol’s Ghayal Returns (2016).
- He worked in 15+ languages.
Who is Om Puri and why is he popular?
Om Prakash Puri, was an Indian actor who appeared in mainstream commercial Hindi films, as well as independent and art films. He is one of the most notable actors in the Indian cinema.
Who is Om Puri dating?
Om puri was married to Nandita Puri (m. 1993–2013), Seema Kapoor (m. 1991–1991)
What is the net worth of Om Puri?
Is there any controversy associated with Om Puri?
In 2013, Nandita Puri filed a police complaint of domestic abuse against Om Puri. Nandita alleged that Puri had assaulted her after an argument at their Versova flat. The Versova police had filed a charge sheet against the veteran actor in the domestic violence case in 2014.