Akita Chow Dog Breed Overview
One of the most searched dog breeds on the internet, Akita Chow belongs to the large size dog. Also known as Chakita, this breed was discovered first in the Japan, China. The average lifespan of this dog breed is 10-12 years and is associated with the Mixed Breed Dogs Group.
|Dog Breed Name:||Akita Chow|
|Size:||large size dog|
|Average Height:||Male: 75-120 pounds (34-54 kg), Female: 75-110 pounds (34-50 kg)|
|Average Weight:||Male: 26-28 inches (66-71 cm), Female: 24-26 inches (61-66 cm)|
|Energy:||average energy level|
|Group:||Mixed Breed Dogs|
|Life Span:||10 to 12 years|
|Dog Breed Overview:||"It is not known exactly where the Akita Chow originated, and at this point, no one is taking credit for them. There is a good chance that someone began mixing Akitas with Chows in the 1990's in Northern America when, many groups of people were creating new designer breed dogs. It's also possible that this mixed breed has existed naturally over the years.This mix's parent breeds, however, have longer and more documented histories. For example, the Akita Dog is a working dog breed that originated in the mountains of Northern Japan. They previously worked as fighting and hunting dogs, though their current duties include police and guard work.The mix's other parent, the Chow Chow, is one of the |
oldest living breeds, having originated from Mongolia and Northern China roughly 2,000 years ago and, depending who you ask, the breed may even be even 3,000 years old and hail from Arctic Asia.The Akita Chow is currently recognized by:Dog Registry of America (DRA)"
Akita Chow Dog Breed Price
Akita Chow from regular breeders cost you from $600 to 800 per puppy.
Akita Chow Dog Breed Size
The Akita Chow varies in size: males are normally about 26-28 inches (66-71 cm), in height and around 75-120 pounds (34-54 kg), in weight, while females are normally around 24-26 inches (61-66 cm)in height and 75-110 pounds (34-50 kg) in weight.
Akita Chow Dog Breed Temperament
Very much like his parents, the Akita Chow is independent and can even be obstinate. He is intelligent, and is very loyal and possessive of his owners but not known to be overly affectionate. If you would prefer a dog that does not jump on you and lick your face, the Akita Chow is a good choice.
How long does a Akita Chow live
The average lifespan for an Akita Chow is 10 to 12 years. That’s because these are medium-sized dogs with a good mix of genes in their blood.
Interesting Facts about Akita Chow
- The Akita Chow is a mixed breed dog. They are not purebreds like their Akita or Chow Chow parents.
- The main colors of Akita Chows are silver, fawn, red, brown, black, and white. Sometimes their coats are solid, and sometimes they have a mix of two colors.
- While this dog is not a top choice for allergy sufferers, their coat is easy to groom and may only require a brushing three to four times a week.
- The Akita Chow’s energy levels may vary, but this dog will need a rigorous exercise schedule. 60 minutes of walking a day is a good starting point.
- When raised with children, Akita Chows can do well with them, but they’re not known to be playful dogs and may not put up with rough and tumble play from a young child.
- The Akita Chow would most likely prefer to be an only pet so they can dominate their human parents’ attention.
- Akita Chows are often described as intelligent and independent thinkers, which means you’ll have your hands full with training. When well-trained and socialized, you could not ask for a better, more obedient dog.
- These dogs do not do well when they’re left alone for long periods of time. They may get anxious and engage in destructive or unwanted behavior.
FAQ’s on Akita Chow Dog
Are Akita Chow Dangerous Dogs? Are Akita Chow naturally aggressive?
The naturally protective Akita has a propensity to become aggressive if allowed, or if they aren’t raised properly. Training the Akita is essential, and so is proper socialization from an early age. Keep in mind that this breed is stubborn, so extra patience is necessary to teach them proper canine manners.
Are Akita Chow smart?
Yes, Akita Chow are a highly intelligent dog breed.
Are Akita Chow trainable?
They are highly trainable, have the ability to learn complicated tasks, and perform excellently as search and rescue dogs.
Can Akita Chow be kept with other dogs?
The Akita is happy to be an only dog, and can be aggressive toward other dogs not in his family group. Properly socialized, an Akita can learn to tolerate other animals, but will most likely try to keep his status as top dog at any cost.
Do Akita Chow have locking jaws?
No, they do not have locking jaws.
Are Akita Chow safe to keep with kids?
When raised with children, Akita Chows can do well with them, but they’re not known to be playful dogs and may not put up with rough and tumble play from a young child. Akita Chows do best in families with older kids who understand how to interact with a dog.
What should I feed my Akita Chow?
Traditionally, rice, fish and sea plants were the main foods of Akita dogs. There should be a perfect balance of all the nutrients in the diet of an Akita for proper growth of the dog. Premium puppy food should be fed to them till the age of 4 months.
How long does an Akita Chow live?
An Akita Chow can live anywhere from 10 to 12 years.