Central Asian Shepherd Breed Overview
One of the most searched dog breeds on the internet, Central Asian Shepherd belongs to the large size dog. Also known as Central Asian Shepherd, this breed was discovered first in Central Asian . The average lifespan of this dog breed is 12-15 years.
|Dog Breed Name:
|Central Asian Shepherd Dog
|large size dog
|Female: 60–69 cm, Male: 65–78 cm
|Female: 40–65 kg, Male: 50–79 kg
|high energy level
|12 to 15 years
|Dog Breed Overview:
|The Central Asian Shepherd Dog is possibly the oldest breed in existence today, and the breed's ancestry can be traced back over 5,000 years. They're closely related to the Tibetan Mastiff.As the product of natural selection, they are a strong, healthy, and resilient breed. Territorial by nature, the Central Asian Shepherd Dog is a working dog and has held occupations such as herding dog, guard dog, watchdog, keeper of livestock, and more.While they have a strong independent streak, they're loyal and devoted to their families. These dogs are active outdoors but quiet and calm indoors, though always highly alert and very protective of loved ones.The Central Asian Shepherd Dog has survived in the wild against extreme climate and predators. Humans saw their value and adopted them, putting them to work. Though they're not categorized as a high energy breed, they have a high endurance and capacity to work.
|Black, White, Brindle, Piebald, Rust, Grey, Deadgrass
|Strong, Bold, Independent, Imperturbable, Curious, Adaptable
Central Asian Shepherd Breed Price
Central Asian Shepherd from regular breeders cost you from $1200 to $1500 per puppy.
Central Asian Shepherd Breed Size
The Central Asian Shepherd varies in size: males are normally about 65–78 cm in height and around 50–79 kg in weight, while females are normally around 60–69 cm in height and 40–65 kg in weight.
Central Asian Shepherd Breed Temperament
The Central Asian Shepherd is self-assured, balanced, quiet, proud and independent. They are very courageous and have a high working capacity, endurance and a natural instinct of territory. This breed is known for its fearlessness towards large predators.
Central Asian Shepherd Breed Lifespan
The average lifespan for an Central Asian Shepherd is 12 to 15 years. That’s because these are medium-sized dogs with a good mix of genes in their blood.
Interesting Facts about Central Asian Shepherd Dog
- The Central Asian Shepherd Dog’s coat comes in a variety of colors, the most common being white, fawn, black, and brindle. Sometimes their coats are solid, and sometimes they’re a combination of these colors.
- While they’re not a great choice for allergy sufferers, they are easy to groom. Their coats only need brushing maybe once a week.
- The Central Asian Shepherd Dog will bond and play well with kids, especially those in their family. However, they can be aloof with strangers, including visiting playmates.
- Central Asian Shepherd Dogs will usually get along great with cats and other dogs but especially other Central Asian Shepherd Dogs.
- The Central Asian Shepherd Dog is not categorized as a high energy breed but has a lot of endurance. They need about an hour of exercise every day.
- If a predator approaches, these dogs are courageous and not known for backing down. They’re territorial and will make sure their lands are critter and predator free.
- They’re usually considered to be a pretty quiet dog, but will sound the alarm when strangers approach.
FAQ’s on Central Asian Shepherd Dog
Are Central Asian Shepherd Dangerous Dogs? Are Central Asian Shepherd naturally aggressive?
As a general rule, the Central Asian Shepherd dogs are independent, strong-willed, loyal and potentially aggressive. Depending on which breeding line they have come from, their characteristic traits may differ considerably.
Are Central Asian Shepherd smart?
Yes, Central Asian Shepherd are a highly intelligent dog breed.
Are Central Asian Shepherd trainable?
They are highly trainable, have the ability to learn complicated tasks, and perform excellently as search and rescue dogs.
Can a Central Asian Shepherd be kept with other dogs?
Socialization is important! Central Asian Shepherd Dogs will usually get along great with cats and other dogs but especially other Central Asian Shepherd Dogs, as they have a good understanding of one another.
Do Central Asian Shepherd have locking jaws?
No, they do not have locking jaws.
Are Central Asian Shepherd safe to keep with kids?
The Central Asian Shepherd Dog will bond and play well with kids, especially those in their family. However, they can be aloof with strangers, including visiting playmates. Central Asian Shepherd Dogs will usually get along great with cats and other dogs but especially other Central Asian Shepherd Dogs.
What should I feed my Central Asian Shepherd?
Central Asian Shepherd the best sources of protein are poultry, fish, beef, egg, corn, and wheat. As for this breed, around 28%-30% of protein is enough in their diet. Fats: Dog needs fat to fuel their muscles and gain energy for their movement as well as keep their internal organ healthy.
How long does a Central Asian Shepherd live?
A Central Asian Shepherd can live anywhere from 12 to 15 years.