David Abraham Cheulkar Biography & Personal Details
David Abraham Cheulkar is a famous name in Punjabi or Bollywood Industry. The Charming Actor David Abraham Cheulkar is one of the best actors in Punjabi or Bollywood movies. There are millions of fans and followers of David Abraham Cheulkar in the world and followers always want to get maximum information about their favorite Punjabi or Bollywood cinema.
|Name:||David Abraham Cheulkar|
|Real Name:||David Abraham Cheulkar|
|Date of Birth:||21 June 1909|
|Birth Place||Thane, Bombay Presidency, British India|
|Age As of 2022||72 Years|
|Net Worth in Dollars||$1 to $2 million|
|Short Bio||David Abraham Cheulkar (21 June 1909 – 2 January 1982), popularly known as David, was an Indian Hindi film actor. In a career spanning four decades, he played mostly character roles, starting with the 1941 film Naya Sansar, and went on to act in over 110 films, including memorable films such as Gol Maal (1979), Baton Baton Mein (1979) and Boot Polish (1954), for which he was awarded the 1955 Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award.|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.|
|Education Qualification||Bachelor of Arts degree |
|Social Media Links||n/a|
David Abraham Cheulkar in Spotlight
David Abraham Cheulkar Net Worth
David Abraham Cheulkar is known for his acting ability and his versatility. He is a very compatible and energetic actor, who has a capacity to make any role his own. David Abraham Cheulkar might be the unassailable actor of Punjabi or Bollywood Movies but his income comes from many different sources such as Movies,singing, shows, endorsements and business investments. David Abraham Cheulkar‘s Net worth is $1 to $2 million in 2022 which in Indian Currency is 7 to 14 Crore Indian Rupee.
|Name||David Abraham Cheulkar|
|Net Worth (2022)||$1 to $2 million|
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees||Rs.7 to 14 Crore|
|Monthly Income And Salary||Rs. 2 lakh +|
|Yearly Salary In Indian Rupees||Rs. 25 lakh +|
David Abraham Cheulkar Net Worth in Last 5 Years
|Net Worth in 1982||$1 to $2 million|
|Net Worth in 1981||$1 to $2 million|
|Net Worth in 1980||$1 to $2 million|
|Net Worth in 1979||$1 to $2 million|
|Net Worth in 1978||$1 to $2 million|
David Abraham Cheulkar Controversy
- No Controversies for David Abraham Cheulkar
Uncover The Lesser Known Facts About The David Abraham Cheulkar
- David Abraham Cheulkar was an Indian character actor who is known for his comedic roles in more than 100 Bollywood films. He was also the recipient of Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award in India.
- David Abraham Cheulkar was born in an Indo-Israeli family from Ashdod. He was raised by his older brothers as his father Abraham died when David was young. His mother Dinah, who had a Marathi background, lived a long life, and died at the age of 104 years.
- David Abraham Cheulkar, as a kid, liked to act in plays. He was part of many french plays that he used to perform in his neighbor’s garden.
- After six years of failed attempts to get a job, David Abraham Cheulkar became part of IPTA (Indian People’s Theater Association).
- David Abraham Cheulkar was introduced to M. Bhavnani, a producer-director, through one of his friends who was a character actor, and it helped him land his first film Zambo-The Ape Man (1937).
- In the Bollywood film “Boot Polish” (1954) that won the Filmfare award for best film, David Abraham Cheulkar’s character as “John Chacha” became very popular.
- Asha Bhosle and Mohammed Rafi‘s song “Nanhe Munne Bachche Teri Mutthi Mein Kya Hai” from Boot Polish (1954) was picturized on David Abraham Cheulkar who played a teacher to slum kids to inspire them for a better future. This song remains popular among all generations.
- Some of his finest performances came in movies like Chupke Chupke (1975), Baton Baton Mein (1979), and Gol Maal (1979). In all these movies, David Abraham Cheulkar played a comic role.
- David Abraham Cheulkar was a compère not only in Filmfare ceremonies but also in many other events. Jawaharlal Nehru, in one of his speeches, said that an event would be incomplete without David’s speech.
- David Abraham Cheulkar was a sports enthusiast, and he had various opinions and perspectives about sports development in India.
- For 50 years, David Abraham Cheulkar was president of the Maharashtra Weightlifting Federation and vice-president of the Indian Weightlifting Federation for 35 years.
- David Abraham Cheulkar used to spend a lot of time at the Cricket Club of India at Churchgate and even had his own room at the club. He was one of the first members of the club and had a lifetime membership with the club. There was a corner named David’s corner at the club.
- David Abraham Cheulkar was also a representative of the Indian Olympics Association, and he attended the Olympic games held in Helsinki in 1952, Rome in 1960, Tokyo in 1964, Mexico City in 1968, and Munich in 1972.
- In 1970, David Abraham Cheulkar, who remained unmarried throughout his life, moved to Hamilton in Canada, where he lived with his nephew and niece Victor and Diana.
- He died on 2 January 1982 and he was buried at the Beth Jacob synagogue cemetery.
Some FAQs Regarding Chaman Puri
Who is David Abraham Cheulkar and why is he popular?
David Abraham Cheulkar (21 June 1909 – 2 January 1982), popularly known as David, was an Indian Hindi film actor. In a career spanning four decades, he played mostly character roles, starting with the 1941 film Naya Sansar, and went on to act in over 110 films, including memorable films such as Gol Maal (1979), Baton Baton Mein (1979) and Boot Polish (1954), for which he was awarded the 1955 Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award.
Who is David Abraham Cheulkar dating?
David Abraham Cheulkar is not dating anyone
What is the net worth of David Abraham Cheulkar?
$1 to $2 million
Is there any controversy associated with David Abraham Cheulkar?
No Controversies for David Abraham Cheulkar