Doxle Dog Breed Price, Lifespan, Temperament and Size
Doxle Dog Breed Overview
One of the most searched dog breeds on the internet, Doxle belongs to the small size dog. Also known as Beaschunds, this breed was discovered first in the United States. The average lifespan of this dog breed is 12-14 years and is associated with the Mixed Breed DogsGroup.
|Dog Breed Name:||Doxle|
|Size:||smalll size dog|
|Average Height:||6-14 inches (15-36 cm)|
|Average Weight:||10-25 pounds (6-11kg)|
|Energy:||high energy levels|
|Group:||Mixed Breed Dogs|
|Life Span:||12 to 14 years|
|Dog Breed Overview:||It's unclear how long Dachshund-Beagle mixes have been around, but in general, "designer dogs" have grown in breeding popularity over the last 20 years. Combining their funny, cheerful personalities seems an obvious choice when designer dogs came into vogue. Some records show Beagles being kept as pets as early as 55 BC and Dachshunds as early as 1400 AD.Even though the Doxle breed got its start as a designer breed, some have ended up in shelters or in the care of rescue groups. Consider adoption if you decide this is the breed for you. Check your local shelters, look up Doxle rescues, or check with breed-specific Dachshund or Beagle rescues, as they sometimes take in mixed breed dogs and find homes for them.|
Doxle Dog Breed Price
Doxle from regular breeders cost you from $500 to $1000 per puppy.
Doxle Dog Breed Size
The Doxle varies in size: males are normally about 6-14 inches (15-36 cm) in height and around 10-25 pounds (6-11kg) in weight, while females are normally around 6-14 inches (15-36 cm) in height and 10-25 pounds (6-11kg) in weight.
Doxle Dog Breed Temperament
A cross between Dachshund and Beagle dog breeds, the Doxle is an adorable family watchdog. Affectionate, playful, and inquisitive, Doxles combine some of the best characteristics of both parents.
Doxle Dog Breed Lifespan
The average lifespan for a Doxle is 12 to 14 years. That’s because these are medium-sized dogs with a good mix of genes in their blood.
Interesting Facts about Doxle Dog
- Doxle are mixed breed dogs. They are not purebreds like their Dachshund or Poodle parents.
- Doxle can have a range of fur colors, including white, cream, gray, black, and brown.
- Grooming needs depend on which type of coat the Doxiepoo inherits. If they take after their Dachshund parent, their short coats will be low maintenance. If they take after the poodle, they may need more frequent brushing but may also be better for allergy sufferers.
- Doxle can tolerate any climate, but they do prefer warmer temperatures. A winter coat may help your dog navigate cold or snowy winter weather.
- Doxle tend to do best in single pet households, but they can get along with other pets, especially if they’re socialized from an early age.
- Because they are small, Doxle can get injured or frightened by children who play rough. These dogs love all people, even kids, but prefer gentle play. Never leave children with dogs of any breed unsupervised.
FAQ’s on Doxle Dog
Are Doxle smart?
Yes, Doxle are a highly intelligent dog breed.
Are Doxle trainable?
They are highly trainable, have the ability to learn complicated tasks, and perform excellently as search and rescue dogs.
Can Doxle be kept with other dogs?
Doxles are good with other pets but because of the parent breeds hunting ancestry can chase them so early socialization would be a good idea. Despite their size they made good watchdogs and can be quite protective. They will need moderate maintenance to keep looking good.
Do Doxle kill people?
No, Even when raised improperly, Doxle will not kill a person. When they attack, it is due to them being raised and socialized improperly by the owner. The reason that they can hurt people more than most other dog breeds is the fact that they have strong jaws and have a bad reputation due to which victims are in shock.
Do Doxle have locking jaws?
No, they do not have locking jaws.
What should I feed my Doxle?
It is entirely acceptable to feed your dog a pure kibble diet. Or you can mix their diet up with some cooked or raw meat, fish, vegetables and rice. Many owners like to feed a raw meat diet to their dogs, and while this can suit some dogs very well, there are some important considerations you need to be aware of.
When does a Doxle mature?
Whether you like it or not, your doxie becomes sexually mature by the age of six to 12 months. If you have a male doxie, you would probably observe him pumping other dogs or even your legs.
When do Doxle lose their teeth?
Dachshund Puppies can start losing their baby teeth around 12-14 weeks old.
How long does a Doxle live?
Doxle can live anywhere from 12 to 14 years.