Gollie Dog Breed Overview
One of the most searched dog breeds on the internet, Gollie belongs to the large size dog. Also known as Golden Collie , this breed was discovered first in the United States. The average lifespan of this dog breed is 12-15 years and is associated with the Mixed Breed Dogs.
|Dog Breed Name:
|large size dog
|22-26 inches (55-65 cm)
|50-75 pounds (25-34 kg)
|high energy dog
|Mixed Breed Dogs
|12 to 15 years
|Dog Breed Overview:
|As a newer designer dog breed, the Gollie most likely came on the scene somewhere in the 1980s; although, it's hard to pin down an exact history of the mixed breed.But when it comes to the parent breeds, there's a lot of heritage going on. Collies were originally bred in Scotland and used as sheepdogs on farms. According to legend, Queen Victoria was also a huge fan of the Collie.On the Golden Retreiver side, this breed can also point to some Scottish history, although they were originally seen as hunting animals. These days, the Golden Retriever has become a remarkably popular family dog.The Gollie has become known as a designer dog breed, but many of them unfortunately end up in shelters. So consider contacting your local rescue groups and shelters if you're thinking about adding the Gollie to your home.
|Black,Brown,Gold,White,Combination of two or three colors.
Gollie Dog Breed Price
Gollies from regular breeders cost you from $300-$700 per puppy.
Gollie Dog Breed Size
The Gollie varies in size: males are normally about 22-26 inches (55-65 cm) in height and around 50-75 pounds (25-34 kg) in weight, while females are normally around 22-26 inches (55-65 cm) in height and 50-75 pounds (25-34 kg) in weight.
Gollie Dog Breed Temperament
Collies are famously fond of children and make wonderful family pets. These swift, athletic dogs thrive on companionship and regular exercise. With gentle training, they learn happily and rapidly. The Collie’s loyalty, intelligence, and sterling character are the stuff of legend.
Gollie Dog Breed Lifespan
The average lifespan for a Gollie is 12 to 15 years. That’s because these are medium-sized dogs with a good mix of genes in their blood.
Interesting Facts about Gollie Dog
- The Gollie is a mixed breed dog. They are not purebreds like their Golden Retriever or Collie parents.
- The most common coat colors for Gollies are black, brown, gold, and white. They can either be one shade all over, or a combination of two or three colors.
- This is a mixed breed that definitely sheds a lot. Daily brushings are going to be key to keeping the coat in healthy condition.
- Gollies and kids get along great together. The dog is playful and tolerant, which means even young children form close bonds with the dog.
- The dog does not enjoy being left alone for long periods of time. This is definitely not a mixed breed to consider if you live in an apartment and are gone for most of the day.
- The Gollie is a dog with high energy and exercise needs. Consider one hour the absolute bare minimum amount of exercise and outdoor time you need to provide every single day.
FAQ’s on Gollie Dog
Are Gollies smart?
We cannot talk about the Border Collie without talking about his intelligence. Dog experts widely agree that the Border Collie is an intelligent workaholic. They are capable of learning a remarkable number of words and commands, and they are happiest when they are put to work every day.
Are Gollie trainable?
The Gollie breed is very trainable as they take on commands skillfully and obediently. Training is a necessary learning experience for your dog where it can assist in: Mental stimulation.
Can a Gollie attack its owner?
A Gollie may bond closely with their owner. They may put themselves between their owner and danger out of love, but they are not likely to attack, show aggression or dominance unless they have received and been receptive to this form of training.
Do Gollies have locking jaws?
No, they do not have locking jaws.
How long does a Gollie live?
A Gollie can live anywhere from 10 to 15 years.